Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog 8

http://changethis.com

Acknowledging the lizard:
" Acknowledging the lizard" simply defined means that acknowledge your fears in order to over come them. The author claims that the most primal sense in our brains is that the one that tells us we don't want to be laughed at. The author states that this trait has been evolutionarily passed on from the brain of the lizard. There're things we don't want to do because we are afraid of failure or mockery, but he says we must acknowledge its presence before we conquer what we were too timid to attempt.

Connection:
The author describes connectivity of social networks as another way to reinvent yourself. By reaching out to a larger number of people creates a new way to network.


Fail:
Another way to reinvent yourself is to fail. As strings as this sounds. But in the ability to accept failure allows you to learn and become stronger.



I personally think these exercises are both good and bad. I believe that they have a specific time and place, but I would not say that they are appropriate for blogs. First of all, I thing blogs in general are a major waste of time and are filled with useless thoughts of people that I don't care to hear from. The only point the author makes that could be applied to these blogs is 'connection'. By spewing your stream of consciousness to millions of people, the probability that someone will read and maybe enjoy it. However, I don't think failure works. I tried it. I didn't do two blogs and got a 13%. I didn't learn anything from it, and it only made me hate blogs even more. I would much rather enjoy doing a creative project (that we got to chose) and posted it on the blogs. As a creative person, I don't like being told what to write about. I like to do my own thing. That is how it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment